Monday, September 12, 2011

Assignment #5: Multimedia Project

 
 In order to explain how to make a TinyUrl, I decided to use Screenr. I have never used Screenr before and had never heard of it prior to taking this course. It was incredibly easy to use; I was pleasantly surprised. I first went to the Screenr website, signed up, and hit the "record button" on the top right hand of the webpage. I large box then popped up that gave me three simple instructions for how to use the product (1. Move and resize the frame. 2. Click the red button to record. 3. Press DONE when finished). I followed these three instructions and moved my cursor between the two websites I wished to talk about (the TinyURL website and a website that had a long address for writing wedding vows). 
Screenr could EASILY be incorporated into my future curriculum. I already committed to my cooperating teacher that I would create a blog for his class after seeing the benefits. This website would allow me to give easy and simple instructions for students to find outside course information. I can see myself using Screenr as an extension of my voice outside of the classroom; it allows them to hear me give directions and visually see the websites I am visiting.

1 comment: